ISASecure labs are independently accredited by ISO/IEC 17011 Accreditation Bodies (AB) to the ISO/IEC 17065 international standard for CB’s and ISO/IEC 17025 international standard for test laboratories. The current list of ISO/IEC 17011 AB’s who process lab accreditations for ISCI are listed below. Applicants may also request to be processed by an ISO/IEC 17011 AB not shown on the list below and ISCI will establish the proper agreement with the requested AB as needed.
Application Process Steps
- Contact the ISA Security Compliance Institute managing director and notify the director of your interest in becoming an ISASecure CB. The managing director will schedule a teleconference to provide details about the accreditation process and direct you to the most appropriate ISO/IEC 17011 AB for processing your accreditation. Contact information is published below.
- Complete the EDSA-202 application. The CB should review the accreditation requirements for the ISASecure certification program (listed below under Scope of Conformance) for which you are interested in applying. If after reviewing the accreditation requirements, you believe that your organization can meet the requirements, complete the EDSA-202 application and submit it to the ISCI Managing Director. The application is available for download at EDSA-202 in pdf format from the www.isasecure.org website. The EDSA-202 application is a combined application and contract, including ISCI fees for processing the application. The application must be signed by an authorized officer in your company.
- Contact an Accreditation Body. The CB should contact one of the ISO/IEC 17011 AB’s listed below to plan and schedule the accreditation reviews. Each AB has their own fee schedule for the accreditation services. The ISCI managing director can help you select which AB to use for your accreditation assessment and make introductions if desired.
- The AB performs the accreditation assessment for the CB applicant. Upon completion of the review by the AB, the CB will receive formal accreditation when all non-conformances have been corrected. Sometimes the formal accreditation certificate might not be issued for 6-12 months after the accreditation assessment activity has been completed because the AB’s accreditation committee only meets once or twice per year. ISCI has a policy to allow CB’s to begin operations prior to issuance of the formal accreditation certificate by the AB. This is described in step 5 below.
Scope of Conformance
- ISCI Grants Provisional Accreditation status – ISCI will request and review the AB accreditation assessment reports from the AB when they are complete. Based upon the AB reports, ISCI will formally grant ‘Provisional Accreditation’ status to the CB if/when all non-conformances have been cleared for specified requirements in the ISCI CB accreditation specifications.
– CB’s should identify the scope of conformance that you desire to adopt. Accreditation requirements for each of the three ISASecure certifications (scope of conformance) are described in documents available for download from the www.isasecure.org
website. These are:
- For the SSA certification - SSA-200 ISASecure® SSA chartered laboratory operations and accreditation
- For the CSA certification - CSA-200 Chartered Lab Operations and Accreditation
- For the SDLA certification - SDLA-200 ISASecure SDLA chartered laboratory operations and accreditation
Who to Contact
ISCI (the Conformance Scheme Owner)
Contact ISCI first to start the lab application process.
ISA Security Compliance Institute
Andre Ristaino, Managing Director
67 Alexander Drive
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Global Accreditation Bodies for Certification Bodies
Contact one of the following ISO/IEC 17011 accreditation bodies to schedule an assessment of your organization to the ISO/IEC 17065 and ISO/IEC 17025 standards and, ISASecure conformance scheme accreditation requirements.
North American Accreditation Bodies
Ms. Nikki Jackson
Director, Product Certification Accreditation
5202 Presidents Court, Suite 220
Frederick, MD 21703 USA
Tel: +1 301 644 3248
European Accreditation Bodies
DaKKS Deutche Addreditierungsstelle GmBH
Head of Division-Product and Installation Safety Telecommunication EMC
Berlin Germany 10117
+49 (30) 670591-188
Dutch Accrediation Council
Manager, Laboratory Accreditation
Dutch Accreditation Council
Daalseplein 101, 3511 SX
T: +31 (0)30 239 45 00
Asia Pacific Accreditation Bodies
Japan Accreditation Board
Senior Manager, Accreditation Center
Gotanda An Building 3F
22-1 Higashigotanda 1-Chome
+81 (3) 6823-5738
Singapore Accreditation Council
Chang Kwei Fern
Director, Accreditation Division, Enterprise Singapore
On behalf of the Singapore Accreditation Council
2 Fusionopolis Way
Taiwan Accreditation Foundation
Accreditation Manager, Laboratory Accreditation Department I
23F, No.27, Section 2,
Zhongzheng East Road, Tamsui District,
New Taipei City, 25170, Taiwan
Tel: +886-2-2809-0828 Ext: 56
The ISASecure specifications uses the term ‘Lab’ or ‘Chartered Lab’ which should be interpreted as equivalent to the formal ISO/IEC term ‘Certification Body’ which is typically abbreviated to CB.
Application and Contract for Chartered Labs
|EDSA-202 Chartered Lab Application and Contract
||View / Download PDF
ASCI Fees for Labs
ASCI annual accreditation maintenance fee starting year 2